Rathkeevan Nursing Home
At Rathkeevan Nursing Home, we pride ourselves in providing excellent care for both long and short stay residents. Our holistic approach to the care of our residents is centered on the fulfillment of the needs of the individual whilst to maintaining their dignity, privacy and independence in a comfortable and homely setting. We consider respite care to be a vital support to people living in their own homes with the help of a relative or home help. When the time comes to consider full nursing home care, our staff will be there to consult with the resident, their carer, the g.p, hospital consultant or district nursing services so that an individual care plan is established. This multidisciplinary approach helps us to provide the most appropriate level of care within the nursing home.
Rathkeevan Nursing Home is located on the Limerick/Waterford National Primary Route(N24) just 3 miles from Clonmel and 7 miles from Cahir. It is adjacent to Barne Lodge Public House and Restaurant and to Rathkeevan Primary School and Community Hall
60 - Bed Nursing Home for Elderly, Convalescent and Respite Care
24 - Hour Nursing Care in purpose built unit constructed and fitted out to the highest standards
All rooms, both private and shared, have individual ensuite facilities. Each bedroom, ensuite, bathroom and dayroom is fitted with nurse call system which enables any resident to summon help from the staff at all times. All bedrooms are fully furnished, bed linen and towels are provided, however residents are welcome to bring personal items, i.e., photographs, ornaments etc. to their individual rooms
If a doctor is required the nurse/ manager will arrange this or speak to the doctor on the patient's behalf. Medicines prescribed by doctor will be collected or delivered by the pharmacist and will be administered by the nursing staff as prescribed.
- Expert nursing care under the direction of Mathew P. Agustine is provided by qualified nurses and care attendants on a 24-hour basis and is planned to meet individual needs
- Nursing Care
- Convalescent Care
- Respite Care
Range of Facilities
- 60 bed Nursing Home for Elderly, Convalescent & Respite Care.
- Personal Possessions: Each room is fitted with a lock-up area for personal possessions-residents are requested to use this facility and not to leave valuables or money unsecured in their bedrooms.
- Telephones: Each bedroom is fitted with a direct-dial telephone. Call charges are recorded centrally and will be charged on a monthly basis. Each room can be dialled directly from an external phone facilitating easy contact for relatives and friends.
- Televisions: Each bedroom is fitted with remote control, colour television. T.V.'s are also available in the common areas.
- Gardens: There are extensive gardens and landscaped patio areas available. Each bedroom wing has direct access to an enclosed, paved garden area with fountain, seating, garden tables etc
- Visitors: There is no restriction on visiting other than mealtimes. Visitors are welcome and residents can entertain visitors in their private room or in the common areas.
- Religious Service: There is a dedicated Oratory provided for private prayer. Mass is celebrated weekly.
- Catering: Full kitchen and dining facilities are available. A choice of menu is offered and special diets are provided for.
- Laundry: Full in-house laundry service is provided. Dry-cleaning can be arranged at an additional charge.
- Smoking: Smoking is discouraged in the Home and is not allowed in individual rooms or common areas. However a dedicated Smoking Room is provided for residents.
- Fire Safety: The Home is fitted with complete fire alarm and emergency lighting systems and has been erected in accordance with all fire safety regulations. Regular staff training and fire drills are carried out.
- Additional Facilities: A fully equipped treatment room is provided. Extra services include chiropody, reflexology, physiotherapy and massage can be arranged at an additional charge.
- Hairdressing: A fully equipped Hair Saloon is provided and a qualified hairdresser visits the Home at regular intervals. Appointments can be arranged by staff members and payment is made directly to the hairdresser.
- Fees/Charges: Details of fee structure/ charges are available from the Person in Charge: Mathew P. Agustine, *Telephone no: 05261 82000.